I know a lot of you are using Zoom as primary tool for meetings and online events during COVID-19.
With the rise of Zoom users scaling from 10M in December to over 200M in April, a new “ZOOMBombing” trend has started.
Hackers are taking over people’s accounts and displaying obscene content in the middle of your meeting. They “share their own screen” which takes over most people’s screen and then display explicit content or even pornography in some cases.
This happened to a friend over the weekend during a church community call with kids present.
Here are some steps you can take to protect your account / your team.
- Download the latest version of Zoom — there is a new “Security” tab that zoom has created to give better control of meetings to prevent this
- Setup a call as a webinar instead of a meeting when possible for larger meetings (10+)
- Enable “waiting room” so you can grant people access one at a time
- Disable screensharing for everyone except the host
- Checkout more info in this article.
Hope this helps!